Your initial acupuncture consultation
- BRING YOUR MEDICATION / SUPPLEMENTS WITH YOU.
- Please do not eat a heavy meal immediately prior to or after your treatment but make sure that you are not hungry.
- NO alcohol on the day of treatment.
- Do NOT take strenuous physical exercise on the day of treatment.
- Strictly follow any advice your acupuncturist may give you.
1. Your initial appointment will take around 1½ hours. Allow approximately 40 minutes for follow-
2. We have a car park but if you prefer to park in the road you can park opposite for 2 hours at any time. On our side you cannot park 10am-
3. The clinic entrance is round the side of the building.
4. On arrival you will be welcomed by one of our receptionists who will issue you with a questionnaire for you to complete. The details required are:
- Contact details
- Personal details –
date of birth etc
- Current complaint.
5. When you have completed the form your practitioner will introduce herself and take you through to the consultation room.
Your consultation will include:
- A history of your presenting complaint.
- A detailed medical history including the medical history of your
including past and present medication, lifestyle, diet and
- A physical examination relevant to your complaint and medical history.
Your tongue will be checked for colour, coat and structure.
Your pulses at the wrist are graded on quality, rhythm and strength.
- If your practitioner decides that further investigations such as x-
rays, scans or blood tests are necessary she will help organising this – either through a private referral or through your GP.
- If no further investigations are necessary your practitioner will explain the the diagnosis, the treatment plan and the expected outcome.
- If you are happy to proceed your first treatment can commence there and then.
- For the acupuncturist to gain access to the acupuncture points you may be required to partially undress. However, your modesty will be respected at all times.
6. At the end of the visit there will be further opportunity to ask any questions you may have thought of.
7. Then it is time to get dressed and get back to the front desk to arrange your future appointments and payment.